Attention all young professionals in the aviation industry! Are you ready to showcase your innovative ideas and solutions to industry experts? The ACC Young Professional’s Innovation Competition is the perfect opportunity for you to demonstrate your expertise and creativity.
Sponsored by the ACC Foundation, the purpose of this competition is to encourage innovative thinking among young professionals who are involved in the development and operations of airports. We’re seeking the brightest minds in the field to present their solutions to the challenges faced by the aviation industry. This competition is an excellent chance for young professionals to network with each other, network with industry leaders, gain industry recognition, and potentially win valuable prizes.
All questions and submissions, including teams, abstracts, and proposals need to be submitted to Brad Mikulecky (email@example.com) , Outreach Chair for the ACC Young Professionals Committee.
Think about the many factors of change that are affecting the modern aviation industry. ACC is seeking new, innovative ideas from young professionals in aviation. These innovations can be technical or operational in nature and can fall within any discipline of airport development but are required to be an original concept or a unique improvement to an existing model or practice that furthers the development and addresses growing challenges at airports.
All participants must be 35 years old and under.
- Teams can be made up of a maximum of four members, with a minimum of two members.
- Team members from different companies/organizations – including airport staff – are highly encouraged, but not required.
- At least half the team must be from ACC member firms. Not sure if your company is an ACC member? Check the ACC Member Search here: https://members.acconline.org/
If you plan on joining the competition and have put together your team, email Brad Mikulecky (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit each team member’s name, company, job title, office location, and email address by September 15th by 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Interested in joining the competition, but do not have a full team? Email Brad Mikulecky (email@example.com) by September 8th, 2023 to be added to a list of participants looking for team members. The email should include your name, company, job title, and office location.
- Initial Abstract
- Final Proposal
- All projects and documentation must be submitted digitally.
- Additional submittal formats acceptable upon request and approval
Details on requirements can be found in the 2024 Innovation Competition Guidelines document.
Scoring for the Final Proposals will be based on the following criteria:
- 30% Originality – Ideas presented are unique, creative concepts of the team members.
- 30% Potential – Significance or value of the improvements that this innovation could bring to the airport development industry.
- 30% Feasibility – Ideas presented are actionable within the current aviation system and address any concerns of cost or stakeholder buy-in.
- 10% Submittal Quality – The proposal is well-structured and organized, tailored to the needs and interests of the target audience, includes relevant data, research and/or visuals to display the innovation, is error-free, grammatically correct, and displays a high-level of overall professionalism.
- **A bonus will be provided to any team that has members from three plus organizations.**
Scoring by this panel for the final presentations will be based on the following criteria:
- 50% Presentation Quality – Team worked within one of the acceptable formats to engage their audience, clearly and directly present their ideas, and make a strong case for the impact their innovations could have.
- 50% Q&A – All team members were knowledgeable in every aspect of their innovation. Answers to the panel’s questions were complete and concise.
The winning team will be announced during the 2024 ACC/AAAE Airport Planning, Design & Construction Symposium. Awards for 1st and 2nd place teams include registration for the 2025 Symposium as well as a monetary award.
DATES AND DEADLINES
- Single participants send contact information to Brad Mikulecky by September 8th, 2023 at 5:00 pm EDT
- The deadline for team submittals is September 15, 2023 at 5:00 pm EDT.
- Abstracts due November 15, 2023 by 5:00 pm EST – Emailed to Brad Mikulecky
- Final Proposals due January 5th, 2024 by 5:00 pm EST – Emailed to Brad Mikulecky
- Finalist Teams announced January 11th, 2024 by 5:00 pm EST
- Final presentations in March 2024 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Questions and contest submissions should be directed to:
ACC YP Committee Outreach Chair