Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation & Analysis Workshop
REGISTRATION IS FULL - WAIT LIST SIGN-UP AVAILABLE HERE
“This was a great workshop to learn about the FAARFIELD and COMFAA applications and to interact with peers from all over the country. Well worth the investment in time and PDH's achieved.”
The 2021 ACC Airfield Pavement Design, Evaluation and Analysis Workshop will take place December 7-9 in Indianapolis, IN.
The workshop – limited to 50 registrants – will provide participants with a comprehensive and hands-on introduction to airfield pavement design; airfield pavement types and pavement performance; subgrade soils and granular materials; aircraft traffic; flexible and rigid pavement design; current airfield pavement-related research; rigid pavement thickness design; rigid pavement design details; pavement design for airfield shoulders; overlay design; pavement evaluation and overlay considerations; ACN-PCN background and concepts; and PCN approach and determination for rigid and flexible pavements.
- At the conclusion of this ACC workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the methodology behind rigid and flexible pavement design, evaluation and repair.
- Apply subgrade, materials, and aircraft characteristic inputs to complete pavement designs and analyses using FAARFIELD v2.0.3.
- Calculate PCN values for rigid and flexible pavements using COMFAA.
- Describe the different types of HMA and PCC overlay designs.
- Use characteristics of existing pavements and FAARFIELD’s overlay design procedures to develop overlays of rigid and flexible pavements.
- Monty Wade, P.E., President, Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.
- Harold V. Honey, P.E., PMP, Senior Airfield Pavement Engineer, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Genevieve Long, P.E., LEED AP, Program Director, Applied Pavement Technology, Inc.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with any questions.