Criteria for Nomination and Selection
“Excellence in Procurement” in the context of an
airport’s consultant program is broad. First and foremost, the
consultant selection process must allow for the consideration of the
most qualified firms to provide the services required. As such, use of a
qualifications-based selection (QBS) method is paramount. Procurement
best practices also include:
- Selection based on established written criteria.
- Negotiation of a contract at a compensation which is fair and
- Determination of fair and reasonable compensation through
consideration of the scope, complexity, risk, professional nature and
estimated value of services to be rendered.
- Use of acceptable contract language that does not place artificial
barriers against full competition by qualified firms.
- Treatment of the consultant as a trusted professional.
- Maintenance of open and clear communication with the
The ACC Excellence in Procurement Award is intended to recognize and
reward airport clients that utilize model procurement and contracting
policies for their projects, and showcase how such policies lead to
quality airport projects. The selection of the recipient will be based
on the following criteria:
- The specific procurement process that is used.
- How the specific process stands out from other processes.
- How long the procurement process has been used, and whether it is
used consistently for all projects.
- Use of acceptable contract terms and how they facilitate competition
and the selection of qualified consultants.
- Treatment of the consultant as a professional
- Exemplary communication process with consultants.